Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Our Loyalty

Well in class we saw two short videos. We saw the Bulgers brothers and David Kacynski. It was about loyalty. Was David Kacynski being loyal to family ties when he turn in his brother or to himself and society. Or Billy Bulgers who deny knowing where his brother was hiding. Each had their own loyalty dilemma.
In class we divided in small groups to discuss loyalty dilemmas in our own lives. I personally do not know what was discuss in other groups. I will tell you a little about my loyalty dilemma I had. I stop speaking to my 35 years old sister who had 3 children and was and still is unfit to be a mother. Her 3 kids were taken from her due to she left her oldest boy who was 6 years old to keep an eye on his 2 sister age 3 years old and a month old. When the kids w ere taken from her she came running to me to help her. I refuse to help because this was not the first time it happen and she was not going to learn anything. My two nieces were adopted by their foster parents but my nephew was given back to her last year. As of today she still live from house to house and she left her 17 year old living on his own. No money or a permanent place to live. He will be turning 18 on Dec . 14, 2011 and he told his mother he wanted to live with his older brother. He has been there 2 days already and they sign him up to get his GED.
My loyalty were to my nephew and nieces and I am happy my nieces are happy, safe, and just a joy to be with. My nephew is on the right track now and I am glad for him to realize that he was not going anywhere with his mother.
It is never easy to cut off loved ones but there is time that its needed for your own survival and peace of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment